Saturday, October 18, 2008

Pearls of Wisdom - 70

Process of birth (Explained by Lord Kapila):
(Continued...)

The soul continues to pray: Therefore, without being agitated any more, I shall deliver myself from the darkness of nescience with the help of my friend, clear consciousness. Simply, by keeping the lotus feet of Lord Vishnu in my mind, I shall be saved from entering into the wombs of many mothers for repeated birth and death.

Lord Kapila continued: The ten-month-old living entity has these desires even while in the womb. But while he thus extols the Lord, the wind that helps parturition propels him forth with his face turned downwards so that he may be born.

The child thus falls, smeared with stool and blood, and plays just like a worm germinated from the stool. He loses his superior knowledge and cries under the spell of maya.

(Concluded)

Srimad Bhagavatam - Canto 3 Chapter 31 Verses 22-24

No comments: