Monday, October 13, 2008

Pearls of Wisdom - 66



Process of birth (Explained by Lord Kapila):
(Continued...)

The soul prays:

I, the pure soul, appearing now bound by my activities, am lying in the womb of my mother by the arrangement of maya. I offer my respectful obeisances unto Him who is also here with me but who is unaffected and changeless. He is unlimited, but he is perceived in the repentant heart.

I am separated from the Supreme Lord because of my being in material body, which is made of five elements, and therefore my qualities and senses are being misused, although I am essentially spiritual. Because the Supreme Lord is transcendental to material nature and the living entities, because He is devoid of such a material body, and because He is always glorious in His spiritual qualities, I offer my obeisances unto Him.

(To be continued...)

Srimad Bhagavatam - Canto 3 Chapter 31 Verses 13-14

No comments: