Thursday, October 16, 2008

Pearls of Wisdom - 69

Process of birth (Explained by Lord Kapila):
(Continued...)

The living entity in another type of body sees only by instinct; he knows only the agreeable and disagreeable sense perception of that particular body. But I have a body in which I can control my senses and can understand my destination; therefore, I offer my respectful obeisances to the Supreme Lord, by whom I have been blessed with this body and by whose grace I can see Him within or without.

Therefore, my Lord, although I am living in a terrible condition, I do not wish to depart from my mother's abdomen to fall again into the blind well of materialistic life. Your external energy, called deva-maya, at once captures the newly born child, and immediately false identification, which is the beginning of the cycle of continual birth and death, begins.

(To be continued...)

Srimad Bhagavatam - Canto 3 Chapter 31 Verses 19-20

No comments: